Email Us!

Have a question you'd like addressed? Send it to mikehaverkamp1960@gmail.com

Sunday, February 10, 2013

More Than Proximity?

When the 2010 census figures came out and reported that 28% of University Heights workers walked and 15% commuted by bike I was pleased but not that surprised. Living nearly next to the largest employer in the county makes that an easy proposition. However I knew there had to be more to it than that, since I am a regular bike commuter, as are three others on my street, and none of us work at UI Hospitals.

Then I ran across this link from my friends at Thirtieth Century Bicycles, a great local store who I've found to extremely helpful to bike commuters.

Why We Need More Research on Bicycling and Brain Research

The idea of walking or cycling as a way to focus brain power makes perfect sense. I am always much more productive immediately when I ride to work.

Having wide arterial sidewalks is helpful to encourage more walkers. What can we do to encourage more bike commuting?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. After the moderator sees your comment it will be approved. (providing you're not a spammer)