Email Us!

Have a question you'd like addressed? Send it to mikehaverkamp1960@gmail.com

Thursday, May 2, 2013

SMARTER Smart Growth?

I read this article yesterday from a Smart Growth news feed I follow:

Is it time for "smarter smart growth"?

This was written by Ken Benfield and appeared on "Switchboard" the National Resources Defense Council's Staff Blog

Benfields's basic point is that it’s time to get past advocating for the fact of smart growth – it’s already mainstream in nearly every planning office in the country – and start working on its quality. He then goes on to quote Bill Adams 10 Rules for Smarter Growth. And then adds a few more of his own too. 

I won't go through them all, but I kept coming back to 1, 3, and 5 in my head throughout the day today at work, picking up my kids from activities, while outside with the dog. I'm not sure where this is all going, but it has lots to ponder.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. After the moderator sees your comment it will be approved. (providing you're not a spammer)